Job Opening: Product Manager
Riemer Family Farm is a mid-size, but growing, farm that is passionate about delivering exceptional tasting, healthy, nourishing regeneratively raised grass-fed meat products to our customers throughout the northern Midwest. As an essential business, we are working safely and diligently to provide for hundreds of families during the pandemic. Our Product Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of inventory, from pick up to ship out. The ideal candidate is organized, responsible and friendly, as they will be interacting with customers at times. Position offers some flexibility in work hours, but candidate must be reliable and effective in communication.
- Print order sheets and pack orders on Monday
- Update inventory and restock on Tuesdays
- Make deliveries to restaurants on Wednesdays
- Handle on farm pick ups on Thursdays
- Manage inventory, update spreadsheet and website
- Communicate with Marketing Director regularly
- Clean and organize the packing center
- Pick up meat from processors and bring it to farm to inventory
- Deliver product to cold storage
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds frequently
- Must be able to work in cold conditions while handling frozen products for extended periods of time
- Must be a team player; though this position often works independently, it is a critical role on our small family farm’s team and this person must be willing to work collaboratively
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED
- Three references that will attest to your reliability
- Must be able to work independently and without direct supervision
- Effective communicator; both verbal and written
- Detail oriented and organized
25-30 hours per week / year-round / flexible with potential opportunity for advancement to full time.
All driving can be done using Remer Family Farm trucks and freezer handling gloves will be provided.
No previous farm experience or knowledge of cuts of meat required.
A background check will be conducted.
Starting pay: hourly rate based on experience
If interested in this position, please send an email to email@example.com detailing why you would like to work for us, along with a resume and three references. Thank you.