- Whole Chicken
- olive oil
- (1 tsp) thyme
- (1 tsp) sage
- (1/2 tsp) onion powder
1.Thaw the chicken - pull it out of the freezer and keep in the refrigerator for two days or so, until it's thawed.
2. Remove the giblets and do as you desire - cook up the heart and livers if you like, treat your dogs, or toss aside. It's up to you!
3. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
4. Rub whole chicken generously with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Combine herbs, OR for the ultimate convenience, use a few teaspoons of your family's favorite pre-mixed poultry seasoning blend to finish off the chicken rub, then set in a roasting pan.
5. Roast in the oven at 425 for about 20 minutes, then reduce oven heat to 325 degrees F.
6. Continue to roast for another 40 minutes or until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 165 degrees F.
7. Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes before serving, and you're set! Serve alongside roasted potatoes and veggies (can be made in oven while chicken is also cooking) or serve up with a salad, steamed veggies, etc.