- (1 lb) Bacon Ends
- (1 medium) Onion
- (2) Garlic Cloves
- (4 medium) Potatoes
- (1 medium) Zucchini
- (1 cup) Frozen Corn
- (1 Quart) Turkey Bone Broth
- (1 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream or Whole Milk
- (2 Tbsp) Butter
- (To taste) Salt
- (4 Leaves) Kale
- (6 sprigs or 1/2 tsp ground) Thyme
- (1/4 tsp) Paprika
- (To taste) Pepper
- (To taste (~1/4 tsp each)) Onion and Garlic Powder
- (1/4 cup) Parmesan Cheese
Prep vegetables ahead of time. Dice potatoes, zucchini, and onion into small cubes. Shred kale and chop garlic (or use garlic press when time to add to soup).
- Chop bacon and add to stock pot over medium heat.
- As bacon begins to brown, add onion and garlic. After onion begins to soften, add potatoes. Stir to avoid burning on the bottom of the pot.
- As potatoes begin to soften, add zucchini and continue to stir.
- Add corn as zucchini softens.
- After about a minute, add the turkey (or chicken) broth and stir.
- Add heavy cream (or milk) and butter. Stir and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp of salt to start, thyme, paprika, and a dash of pepper. Let cook another 5 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese.
- Taste and test. Add more salt and pepper as desired. We personally love onion and garlic powder, so often add these to taste, too.
- As the soup cooks, it will naturally thicken and come together. It should cook for about 30-40 minutes in total.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and enjoy!