Sunday Morning Scrambler
July 31, 2018 • 0 comments
Try this breakfast - quick, easy, packed with goodness (farm fresh veggies, meats, and eggs), and filling for the whole family. A great way to start the day! - Gluten Free - - Easily made vegetarian - - Paleo - - Keto -
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 6
- (1 (2 eggs/serving)) Dozen Large Eggs
- (1 lb) Ham Sandwich Slices
- (2 Tbsp) Olive Oil
- (1 medium) Onion
- (1 small) Green or Red Pepper
- (1 medium) Tomato
- (1 small) Yellow Squash
- (1 small) Zucchini
- (a small bunch (2-4 large kale leaves)) Kale or Spinach
- (1 pound) Center Cut Ham Steaks
Try this easy to love, easy to personalize for your family's tastes and needs. You can scale the recipe up or down, depending on how many people you're feeding and how many ingredients you have. For eggs, you should figure about 2 per person. Regarding veggies, you can add in whatever you picked up fresh from market the day before or add in things from your own garden or pantry. The possibilities are endless, which is what makes this recipe so great!
- Prepare vegetables. Start with onions and peppers. Dice into small squares.
- Next, dice tomatoes, ham slices (or substitute with ham steak, breakfast sausage, or bacon), and squash/zucchini. Chop kale (or spinach) and basil (optional). Set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl (figure 2 eggs per person). Add in salt and pepper to taste and beat until scrambled. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Add onions and peppers to skillet. Stir until browned/caramelized.
- Add in tomatoes, squash, and ham (if you're using breakfast sausage, cook in a separate pan instead to ensure it cooks through to 165 degrees before adding to veggies).
- When veggies are browned, add in greens (kale, spinach, basil).
- As greens begin to wilt, add in scrambled egg mix.
- Stir in the pan until eggs are done.
Top with cheese, serve with toast, muffins, or some other baked good and enjoy!
Image by Hans Braxmeier from Pixabay