Simple Seared Flat Iron Steak
January 16, 2023 • 0 comments
Looking for a quick, tasty midweek steak supper? Simply seasoned and quickly seared for a tender, flavorful steak cut.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 2
- (1 steak (10 - 18 oz)) Flat Iron Steak
- (to taste) Salt
- (to taste) Fresh ground pepper
- (to taste) Garlic Powder (optional)
- (3 Tbsp) Butter
Adapted from Easy Flat Iron Steak Recipe by Berly's Kitchen
Thaw steak ahead of time.
- Season steak generously on all sides with salt and pepper, and garlic if you like (or other preferred seasoning).
- Preheat iron skillet over medium heat and melt butter in the pan.
- Add steak to the hot pan, cooking for 5-6 minutes on each side (or to your preferred doneness). You can use a meat thermometer to check the steak doneness at the middle of the center of the steak. (145 is medium, recommended by USDA)
- Remove from pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes, then slice and serve with salad, steamed veggies, etc. and enjoy!