- (1 lb) Bacon Ends
- (1 medium) Onion, chopped
- (2 cloves) Garlic, chopped
- (1 medium) Apple
- (5-6 leaves) Kale
- (1/4 cup) Walnuts, chopped
- (1 tsp) Garlic Powder
- (1 tsp) Onion Powder
- Parmesan Cheese
1.Chop bacon ends (or substitute ham sandwich slices) and set in skillet over medium heat.
2. Add chopped onion and garlic after bacon begins to brown.
3. Add apple, chopped.
4. Saute until onions and apples become translucent.
5. Add chopped kale leaves. It will look like a lot when you put them in, but they will cook down fast and appear far fewer.
6. Add walnuts, if you like, for even more flavor and nutrition (yummy Omega 3s).
7. You can also add some spinach if you're looking to really boost your nutrient intake!
8. Gently stir until greens are reduced. Add in seasoning to taste.
9. Remove from heat and top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!