From field to fork, we proudly offer 100% grass-fed beef and lamb, and pastured pork, chicken, and turkey, and wild Alaskan seafood, for delivery direct to your door. Enjoy FREE shipping on orders $165+!
(1 Bunch) Asparagus
(Half - Full Pound) Bacon Ends
(1/8 cup) Almonds, chopped or slivered
(To taste) Parmesan Cheese, shaved or grated
(To taste) Salt
- Rinse the asparagus and dab with a paper towel to dry. You can either chop the asparagus stems into 2 inch chunks or leave as whole spears. Set asparagus aside.
- Chop bacon ends into small pieces, then add to warmed frying pan. Cook until starting to brown.
- If there is an excessive amount of bacon grease in the pan, remove it from the pan. You can store it in a clean glass jar in the refrigerator to use as cooking oil in a future meal. If there is just enough bacon grease in the pan to cook with, leave it in the pan (1 - 2 Tbsp worth). This is your cooking fat for sauteeing the asparagus and almonds in!!!
- With part of the pan covered in bacon fat and the bacon remaining in the pan, add the asparagus, stirring to fry.
- After 30 seconds, add salt and almond slivers, then stir again.
- Cook another 2 minutes, until asparagus is tender and starting to brown on some edges.
- Remove from heat, top with parmesan cheese to taste, and serve!