Grilled Ham Roast
June 2, 2022 • 0 comments
Elevate your grill game with a ham roast! They cook beautifully on a smoker or gas grill. Check out these instructions and honey bourbon glaze recipe for a gas grill adapated from Dad Cooks Dinner original "Grilled Ham with Honey Bourbon Glaze".
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 6-10
- (1 Large Roaster) Aluminum Pan
- (1/2 cup) Honey
- (1/2 cup) Bourbon
- (2 Tbsp) Dijon Mustard
- (1 (can use Medium size, too)) Large Ham Roast
Find the original recipe by Dad Cooks Dinner
- Thaw ham ahead of time. Prepare by dabbing dry with paper towels, then scoring the ham rind in 1 inch diamonds, about 1/4 inch deep. From there, place ham in aluminum foil pan.
- Prepare the grill. The ham will be cooked using indirect medium-low heat (300°F): To prepare the grill for it, turn on all burners for about 15 minutes to get the grill warmed up, then turn off the middle burners, leaving only the burners on the outside of the grill warm.
- Get the glaze ready. As you wait for the grill to heat, make the glaze by combining all of the ingredients in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Whisk for about 5 minutes until well combined.
- It's go time! Place the pan with the ham in the center of the grill so that there are no lit burners directly underneath it. Close the grill lid and cook until the ham reaches 135 degrees F in its thickest part. You can figure about 18 minutes per pound of ham; though be sure to check the thickest part to be sure it's truly done. In the final 30 minutes of cooking, brush the ham with the glaze every ten minutes.
- When it's done, carefully remove it from the grill onto a cutting board, still in the aluminum pan and let it rest for 15 minutes. From there, remove it from the pan to carve and serve!