From field to fork, we proudly offer 100% grass-fed beef and lamb, and pastured pork, chicken, and turkey, and wild Alaskan seafood, for delivery direct to your door. Enjoy FREE shipping on orders $165+!
(1 pound) Chicken Breast - Boneless, Skinless
(1/2 pound) Bacon Ends
(3-4 Medium) Red or Yellow Potatoes
(2 handfulls or about 1 cup, cut) Green Beans
(1 small/medium yellow or 2 green onions) Onion or Green Onion
(1) Garlic Scapes (optional)
(1 Tbsp) Garlic Powder
(2-3 Leaves) Kale (optional)
(to taste (bacon will add salt to dish)) Salt
- Use leftover chicken or cook chicken ahead of time for use in this recipe. Pan fried or grilled works best.
- Prep your vegetables ahead of time. Clean and clip green beans, cutting into small 2 inch sections.
- Clean, quarter, and dice potatoes into small cubes. Set both vegetables aside.
- Dice up an onion. You can use green onions or a yellow onion. If you have garlic scapes, you can chop one or two of them, as well. Set aside.
- This is also a great recipe to add a few leaves of kale chopped into, because the bacon really helps the kale taste like bacon. ;)
- Chop up bacon ends into smaller pieces, then toss into a skillet to cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once bacon fat is translucent, add in the potatoes and green beans, stirring occasionally.
- As the potatoes and green beans begin to soften and brighten, add onions and garlic.
- Stir and let cook for another few minutes until onions begin to lighten.
- Add salt, garlic powder, and herbs de provence or other seasoning.
- Add the cooked chicken, diced, to the skillet and stir.
- Add kale and stir, then cover the pan with a lid to keep the heat and moisture trapped in.
- Let cook for 4-5 minutes, then remove from heat, taste, and serve! Top with parmesan if you like! We did. :)