- (1 pound) Bulk Breakfast Sausage
- (1 small) Apple
- (to taste) Fennel Seed
- (to taste) Sage
- (to taste) Thyme
- (to taste) Paprika
- (to taste) Cinnamon
This recipe was submitted by a customer, Karen L.
If you're looking for a sweeter, more herbed, take on our mildly seasoned breakfast sausage, try this!
- Start with your ground sausage, thawed.
- Then grate a small apple and set aside.
- In a different dish, combine a few herbs...just a few dashes of each to taste (fennel seed, sage, and thyme), as well as a little paprika and cinnamon.
- When the spices are all mixed together evenly, add them and the apple, bit by bit to the breakfast sausage. With clean hands, work the spices and apple into the sausage until everything is well combined.
- Press into patties, if desired, then fry in a pan over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Serve on a muffin with egg and cheese for a sandwich or enjoy on it's own!