Slow Cooked Italian Beef
July 31, 2018 • 0 comments
Looking for the perfect slow cooker recipe? Try this one! Just a few minutes prep and you're on your way to a delightful dinner! Slow cooks for 12 hours.
- Prep Time:
- Servings: 10
- (3 cups) Water
- (1 tsp) Salt
- (1 tsp) black pepper
- (1 tsp) oregano
- (1 tsp) basil
- (1 tsp) onion salt
- (1 tsp) parsley
- (1 tsp) garlic powder
- (1) bay leaf
- (1 (0.7 oz)) Italian Style Dressing Mix Packet
- (1 large (5 pound)) Rump Roast
- Combine water with salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf, and salad dressing mix into a saucepan. Stir well. Bring to boil.
- Set roast in slow cooker and pour sauce over.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 10 - 12 hours for maximum tenderness. Alternatively, cook on High setting for 4 - 5 hours.
- When finished, remove the bay leaf and shred the beef with a fork.
- Serve on your favorite hard roll or on its own! Adapted from allrecipes.com.
Image by Larry White from Pixabay