Simple Italian Sausage + Fresh Veggies
July 7, 2022 • 0 comments
Looking for a quick, easy, tasty way to use up those summer veggies for dinner? Try this easy skillet recipe using our italian sausage links!
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- (1 pound) Italian Sausage Links
- (16 oz box) Spaghetti Noodles
- (Zucchini, kale, carrots, onion, garlic, etc.) Whatever veggies you like!
- (4 Tbsp) Butter
- (1-2 Tbsp) Cooking Oil or Bacon Grease
- Prep your vegetables ahead of time. Rinse and slice or dice, as you'd prefer. Set vegetables aside in separate bowls.
- Cut links apart, then set in boiling water to cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove links from boiling water and set aside on a cutting board to cool for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, bring water to boil for spaghetti noodles. Cook as directed while the following steps occur.
- Once links are cool enough to touch, slice into small half dollar type pieces, as shown in the picture.
- Set sliced pieces into a skillet on the stove and set on medium-high heat.
- Add a bit of cooking oil or bacon grease if needed, then add vegetables in order from longest time to cook to shortest.
- Broccoli, carrots, beets, cauliflower, and zucchini would all be longer cooking vegetables.
- Peppers, onions, garlic, spinach, and kale would be shorter cooking vegetables that can be added later so they don't burn while the other vegetables are cooking.
- Saute everything together until vegetables are tender and bright in color.
- Strain pasta when finished cooking and mix with butter.
- Add a dash of salt or garlic powder if you like, otherwise, serve a top the pasta and enjoy!
- Garnish with parmesan cheese or fresh herbs!