- (1) Whole Chicken
- Olive oil
- (1) Lemon
Recipe and photo were submitted by Gene V.
- Thaw chicken a few days ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rub chicken in a mix of melted butter and olive oil. Then rub in salt, pepper, a little parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.
- Pierce lemon with a knife repeatedly, and put in cavity of chicken.
- Cook chicken at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Baste occasionally to keep breast meat moist.
- After 45 minutes, flip chicken onto breast.
- After 30 minutes, flip chicken onto back and cook for remaining 15 minutes.
- Enjoy! :)