- (1 lb) Chicken Breast - bone in
- (1.5 cups) Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- (2 medium) Green onions (sliced)
- (1.5 cups (give or take)) Ranch dressing
- Loaf bread
Cooking the chicken is flexible - use the method that works best for you. You can grill them, bake them, or cook them on the stove top with some simple salt and pepper or poultry seasoning if you have it around. Cook chicken through until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F and no pink remains. Once chicken is cooked, shred it with a fork into a bowl to start the recipe.
1.In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cheese, green onions, and just enough ranch dressing to make the mix wet.
2. Spread the mix evenly on the bread slices. You can use french bread from the bakery, sandwich bread from home, or artisan bread from the farmers market - whatever you have around, works!
3. Serve hot or cold - if you want to serve the sandwiches hot, pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F and set sandwiches in for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
4. If it's too hot for the oven, serve the sandwiches cold and enjoy!
Make it Paleo/Gluten Free!! Skip the bread and wrap it in lettuce, instead.
Substitute your family's favorite cheese, instead.
Photo by Willis Lam