- (1) Lemon
- (1) Garlic clove
- (2 Tbsp) Butter, melted
- (1 tsp) Onion powder
- (1) Head of broccoli
- (1-2) Large carrot
- (1 tsp) Italian seasoning
- (1 tsp) Salt
- Dash of pepper
- (1/2 cup) Parmesan cheese
- (1/2 pound) Chicken Breast - Boneless, Skinless
You can either use pre-cooked, leftover chicken for this recipe, or slice up a boneless, skinless breast to use. Either way works! Feel free to add more chicken to skillet to serve your family's needs.
Zest lemon, dice carrot, mince garlic, and chop broccoli ahead of time.
1) Combine seasonings with melted butter in a bowl.
2) Zest lemon and add to melted butter mixture, then set aside.
3) Cut lemon in half and set aside, as well.
4) In a pan over medium heat, add a dash of butter or oil. If you are using raw chicken, add it (diced) to the skillet until cooked through before you begin to saute the carrot. If you are using already cooked chicken, start the skillet with carrots. After a minute or two, add the broccoli to the skillet and continue to saute, stirring occasionally.
5) Add already cooked chicken to the skillet, if using that instead of raw chicken. Stir for a minute.
6) Add butter seasoning mixture to skillet and stir. Juice half a lemon into skillet and stir. Place lid on skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
7) Add half of the parmesan cheese. Stir again and turn off heat.
Serve topped with additional parmesan and enjoy!
*A yellow carrot is pictured above, but an orange carrot will work wonderfully. :)