- (1 lb) Italian Sausage Links
- (1 tbsp) Olive Oil
- (1 medium, diced) Onion
- (1 medium) Bell Pepper
- (1-2 Large) Tomatoes
- (1/2 cup (to start - you can always add more)) Water
- (to taste) Salt
- (to taste) Pepper
- (a few leaves or 1 tsp (dry)) basil (fresh or dried)
- (a handful of leaves or 1 tsp (dry)) Oregano (fresh or dried)
- (1 clove (or 1 tsp dry)) Garlic
- (8-12 oz) Pasta
Personalize the recipe to what you have available to you or your family's taste buds! Use either the links or bulk Italian Sausage in this recipe - both work great - and whatever color bell peppers you prefer. Use your family's favorite pasta shape - penne, spaghetti, elbow, etc. to personalize it, too.
- Start with Riemer Family Farm Italian Sausage. If using the links, slice them up into 1/2" pieces.
- Add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat, and add in sausage. Cook until no pink remains (bulk).
- Add onion, pepper, tomatoes, and garlic to skillet. (Be sure to add those tomato juices to the skillet, too)
- Add in 1/2 cup of water with salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Add in pasta. Ensure it is covered with liquid entirely. Add more water if needed.
- Cover skillet and reduce heat. Let simmer until sauce thickens.
- When noodles are just soft to the fork and sauce is thick, remove from heat, garnish with herbs and cheese, and enjoy!
Photo by stevekc on Flickr