Butternut Squash Soup
January 4, 2023 • 0 comments
This is a perfect soup that can be served warm in the winter or cool in the summer for a healthy, nourishing, flavorful meal.
- (2 Tbsp) Butter
- (1 chopped (white and light green part only)) Leek (optional)
- (1 chopped) Large Onion
- (1, peeled and cubed) Large Potato (can sub sweet potato)
- (1 small, peeled and cubed) Butternut Squash
- (2 medium, diced) Carrots
- (1 large or 2 small, peeled and sliced) Apple
- (1 Quart) Turkey Bone Broth
- (1/2 cup) Milk (or light cream)
- (1/4 tsp) Ground Nutmeg
- (1/2 - 1 tsp) Ground Cinnamon
- (to taste) salt and pepper
Ahead of time: Chop leek (white and light green part only, if using) and onion. Peel potato (can use a sweet potato), then cube. Cube butternut squash. Dice carrots. Core, peel, and slice apples.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in leek and onion, cooking until translucent (a few minutes).
- Add potato, squash, carrots, apple, and turkey bone broth.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until vegetables are soft; about 20 minutes.
- Carefully puree the soup using an immersion blender, or in batches in a counter blender.
- After soup is pureed, return to stove and stir in milk (or cream).
- Season with nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!
Inspired by Butternut and Apple Harvest Soup of Allrecipes.com.