Easy BBQ Pulled Pork
July 22, 2020 • 0 comments
Slow cooking has never been easier! A simple rub and some quick sauce will have your family drooling over delicious BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, in no time.
- Prep Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- (4-5 lbs) Shoulder or Butt Roast
- (1 Tbsp) chili powder
- (2 tsp) garlic powder
- (2 tsp) salt
- (1 tsp) ground black pepper
- (1 tsp) paprika
- (1/2 cup) your favorite BBQ sauce
- (2 cups) water
Thaw out your roast a few days before for optimal, even cooking. This recipe is written for use in a slow cooker, so you can set it in the morning and come back to it for dinner in the evening. Easy as can be!
- Mix together the spices, then rub on the roast.
- Set the roast in the slow cooker.
- Add in your favorite BBQ sauce and the water.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until pork is pull apart, fork tender.
- Pull and shred the pork when it's done and serve on your family's favorite buns/rolls (optional - we usually skip the carbs and dive into the meat) and enjoy!
Also great to serve alongside macaroni and cheese and cole slaw!
**We understand that life gets busy - that's why this recipe uses pre-made BBQ sauce to help you feed your family quality food and still retain that quality time with them. If you'd like to make your own BBQ sauce, simply make it ahead and switch it out under the BBQ sauce section!**