- (4-5 lbs) Shoulder or Butt Roast
- (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- (1 Tbsp) chili powder
- (2 tsp) garlic powder
- (2 tsp) salt
- (1 tsp) ground black pepper
- (1 tsp) paprika
- (1 med-lg) onion, chopped
- (1/2 cup) your favorite BBQ sauce
- (1/4 cup) ketchup
- (dozen) sandwich buns/rolls
- (2 cups) water
Thaw out your roast a few days before for optimal, even cooking. This recipe is written for use in a slow cooker, so you can set it in the morning and come back to it for dinner in the evening. Easy as can be!
- Mix together the sugar and spices, then rub on the roast.
- Set the roast in the slow cooker.
- Chop the onion if you haven't already and add to the roast and slow cooker.
- Add in your favorite BBQ sauce and ketchup, and the water.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Pull and shred the pork when it's done and serve on your family's favorite buns/rolls and enjoy!
**We understand that life gets busy - that's why this recipe uses pre-made BBQ sauce to help you feed your family quality food and still retain that quality time with them. If you'd like to make your own BBQ sauce, simply make it ahead and switch it out under the BBQ sauce section!**