- (1 pound) 85% Ground Beef
- (1 pound) Ground Pork
- (2-3 medium) Sweet Potato
- (2 medium) Apples
- (1 Large) Onion
- (2 cloves) Garlic
- (3-4 medium leaves (or to your family's taste)) Kale
- (1 tsp) Garlic Powder
- (1/2 tsp) Onion Powder
- (1/2 tsp) Marjoram
- (1/2 tsp) Thyme
- (1/2 tsp) Rosemary
- (1/4 tsp) Paprika
- (to taste) Salt
- (to taste) Pepper
1.Thaw ground pork and beef ahead of time (1 day is ideal).
**Our family enjoyed the blend of meats, but if you prefer, you can use all pork or all beef for your family.**
2.Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Boil in water until you can pierce them with a fork. Drain and set aside.
1.Dice apples and onion into small cubes.
2. Chop garlic and kale.
3. Cook pork and beef in skillet on stove over medium heat until no pink remains.
4. Add onion and garlic to skillet and stir.
5. Add apple and sweet potato to skillet.
6.Stir together and season. We used garlic powder, onion powder, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, paprika, salt, and pepper.
**As with any recipe, taste and test and alter amounts as you go!**
7.Add in kale and stir for a minute.
8.Remove from heat and enjoy!
Serve with rice, tortilla chips, or whatever your family prefers. It goes REALLY well with cheese, too! We used cheddar. :)