- (1 package (2 chops)) Pork Rib Chops
- (1 medium) Tart Apple, sliced
- (to taste) Salt
- (2 Tbsp) Butter
- (2 Tbsp) Pecans, chopped
- (1 tsp) Ground Cinnamon
- (1/2 tsp) Ground Nutmeg
Adapted from Taste of Home
Works with loin chops and butterfly pork chops, as well. Tart apple preferred in this recipe. Slice apples ahead of time for easy cooking.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to cooking skillet over medium heat.
- Salt pork chops, then set in heated skillet and cook until browned on each side, about 5 minutes each, until internal temperature reads 145 degrees F.
- Set pork chops aside on a plate, keeping warm.
- Add remaining butter to skillet, along with apples, pecans, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Optional, add a couple tablespoons of brown sugar or maple syrup for added sweetness.
- Stir to combine and cook until apples are tender.
- Serve on top of pork chops, and enjoy!